Tuesday 24 August 2010

THE DAY-OIL TANKS IN DANGER by P. Cruz, Vasco Da Gama – Goa

It was about 10:30 hrs; I was in a Barber shop having a shave and hair cut, we heard a loud bang as if someone had dropped a bomb or some terrorist attack. The Barber stopped and myself half shaven, as well as all guys from shop went out.
We saw some smoke coming out from the tanks area and also foul odour in the air, same like kerosene. Every one was terrified and started to look at each others face. After 10 minutes we heard the siren of the fire fighting equipments. I knew something is wrong I cleaned my face of foam and without shave went near the Oil tanks. We could not enter the area, I was just outside as we are not allowed. I stood far away and the police also arrived on the spot. Every one was running and also I saw some people were boarding buses and trucks to go far away leaving everything. I called my home and explained to them be ready in case of emergency. After one hour I asked a police man about the situation, he said everything is under control and there was a small pipe supplying fuel that had blast due to leak. I called home again and said everything is under control and no need to worry. But the smell of the fuel and black cloud frightened the people who started to run. Then the word spread that everything was under control and the people were cool.
Next morning the newspaper gave the news that someone was taping the supply pipe illegally to make a hole and the blast occurred. This guy has done this before so many years and made crores of rupees selling the fuel illegally and lot of people are involved but no action was taken. This time he was not lucky and got caught, but Vasco Town was lucky if this has gone bigger then we would all lost our life and property. There is not even an emergency plan for evacuation and no life support equipments for the people it’s like a time Bomb! After sometime there was a case on this matter, but no result as this also covered up.
From what I have heard at that time the MLA of Vasco, was paid 50 lakhs by this person and 50 lakhs to the Judges, lawyers and also some money to the police for the cover up the case FIR, etc. I do not know where the case has gone I could not see it in the news or hear something, so my informer must be right and this is correct news. Even the present minister is quite, no one knows about this case now. This case is a big one and someone should have imagine the damage to life and property; forget property what would have happened to us. We would have burnt to death or suffocated to death. Now no one cares, where is Tara the lady from Baina the women’s leader, they only come when they get something.

1 comment:

  1. It does not surprise me that no one is being charged for such crimes. Unlike Europe or US in Goa the law can be bought, added with political pressure to squash high profile cases. Goans have no voice as individuals but collectively the will win for their rights.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.