Friday 13 August 2010

WANTED! JOBS FOR SALE BY GOA GOVERNMENT- By P. Cruz, Vasco Da Gama - Goa

Everyone knows that all the government jobs in Goa are sold mostly for the Non-Goans and also to some of the Goans. The price of the job varies in different department and different post. Also some of the transfer is sold in the Government Department at good price depending on the location.
In 1993 I graduated from the college and my aim was to become a Custom officer. I tried to apply for it and like others I wanted to contact anyone who gives me idea of how to join in that department. One day a person I know came to me and started talking with me, this man was well educated and very well known in the government departments his name was Keni. He used to watch me when I was playing football for inter-village, etc and was my fan. He invited me for a beer in a bar and as he was my fan I accepted his invitation. While drinking beer we were chatting and he asked me about my qualification & apart from football what my ambitions. I replied I am just a fresh graduate and wanted to join in the government department and my ambitions are to become custom officer. I also told him that I am looking forward for someone help to give me idea for joining the department. I had a couple of beers some snacks and he used to drink country liquor, he was a good and helpful guy. We were done and he paid the bill while going he informed me that he will find out and let me know what is required to be a Custom officer. I thanked him and went off to my home. After few days he came to me and said he has a solution for me and he wanted to talk to me or my elders in the family. I say speak to me as my father is expired when I was in First Year of my college I will inform to my mother and brother. He informed me he has a source and they will charge you 2-3 lakhs for the job and I will get the job. I say 2-3 lakhs and when I will recover the money as that time the salary was low and informed Mr. Keni I will let you know after talking to my mother. So I thanked him as he has given me the idea to become a slave of Government by paying so much money. He also explained me how I can recover them very fast which was not a good idea as per my reputation and conscience. I did not inform my mother or my brother as I knew we do not have that much since my father expired who was only the bread owner in our house.
The next incident was after 2 year as I got a call from the employment exchange, that also I went directly to the officer in charge and told him that I will burn my employment card and all my degree certificates since I have not received any call for last 3 years. He was terrified as I was a youth and he could see fire in my eyes (this even happens to me now when my blood starts running fast for any injustice) his peon was there when the conversation took place and he was a Goan with specs (I can still figure his face). The officer got scared and politely asked for my employment card also saw my certificates: degree, I played for my Goa university football team twice, plus some computer courses, etc which were supported to my employment card, also I answered UN exam). He said I will do something within 3 months and you will receive a call he noted my employment card number and name. As I was leaving, the peon came to me and put his hand on my shoulder and said “Baba after so much taking pain in studying and getting the degree why you are thinking of burning them, these certificates is your future”. I replied “uncle I am frustrated you know why”. He replied again go home son and take care of your certificate it yours not of government. That’s the reason his figure still come to my mind when I think of that incident. After 2 months I received a call from employment that I have to attend my first interview in the MES (military) in Vasco as a security guard. My friend used to work there on contract basis he told me that he knew the people and can manage that job for me and he will let me know the price as without it I will never get it, he was my childhood friend and still he is now. He also said he tried a lot but could not get a call and I was lucky. Then I informed him what I did in the Employment Exchange office. After 2 days he informed me that he has fixed everything for Rs.80,000 as lot of people are omitted as brokers and already 4 vacancies are left out of 30 since all are full before the interview the guys already paid advance and their amount is one lakh and asked me to act fast. I had to think I could have managed that 80,000 since my brother open a small business and I was also helping him, and some money could have taken a loan from someone. I informed my friend that I have decline the offer for two reasons first for paying to get the job and second I am a qualified and it will be injustice to me and my education for being a guard to those officers, but I will go for an interview. He informed me I am mad, a moron! He was like my elder brother and good friend that’s why he was saved calling me moron.
On that interview day there were 2 session one morning Verbal interview and one afternoon Physical. I went in the morning, waited in a queue for my turn, most of them were outsiders and my name was called after sometime. The interview started, the officer checked my entire certificate’s in my files and asked me, do you want to work as a guard? I said “NO” he said “then why your employment exchange send you a letter”, I say I do not know. He informed me probably I will not get a chance, I replied to him I know that already since the jobs are sold before interview, he was surprised as I was not afraid to speak. He told me to come after lunch for the Physical Examination and Test to which I replied “I will not come and I do not want to guard you or your family and I am not the right man, and I will not get selected since the jobs are already sold”. I went down to the pub and sat there for beer, after a couple I went home and tore my employment card. Then I took a job in Tata Services LTD. Then went abroad for oilfields as Engineer till today and settled down. That’s how every youths sufferings even today so the reason they migrate to Swindon, etc. I started doing surveys during my spare time and found this…
Here are some Price Tags for the Govt. Job 2010
Please note different location and transfer have certain price
Municipalities:
Chief Officer : Rs. 10 to 20 laks ( from where they will reimburse it… you all know)
Mamlatdar : RS. 5-10 lakhs
Talathi : Rs. 4-7 lakhs
Clerk or Peon : Rs. 2-3 lakhs
Engineers : Rs. 4-5 lakhs
Promotion : Separate money
Electricity Department:
Engineer: 5-7 lakhs
The Engineer charge you Rs.7000-15,000 for 3 phase connection within one week if you are in urgent need (NRI, PIO). Paperwork are done by them, no worries
Clerk/Peon: 3-4 lakhs
Labourers: 2-3 lakhs
Note:
Few months back there were some vacancies in Electricity department our Power Minister has given most of them to his supporters (I am not sure if he has taken money from them as there was a fight between the Ruling minister for some vacancies but he gave little to them and they were not happy)
Police Department & Customs Excise :
PSI : 5-6 lakhs
RTO Inspector: 6-7 lakhs
Constable : 2-3lakhs
Custom officers: 5-7 lakhs
PWD Department:
Engineer : 6-7 lakhs
Peons: 3-4 lakhs
Labourers : 2 lakhs
There are more and each and every department
NIZ GOENKAR ADDS: Let me remind you dear Goans, that the above rates are old and outdated.  To get the new rates kindly contact the concerned minister or their PAs.  Be updated on the rates of jobs' sale.

11 comments:

  1. I have finished by graduation and have done BCom. I am thinking whether I will be getting a job without paying the rates mentioned in the article. I have no hope whatsoever of getting a job without bribing the concerned minister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Goan has right to deserve the job and we should not be afraid. We should fight for it and expose them to the public, nowadays the media is also strong, rise up! If we do not fight then we will end up going abroad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disgusting India...makes me so sick, I couldn't complete reading the whole article. Even in Africa, a poor continent they don't do this rubbish. So disgusting....why won't our PM do something about it. He said he came to government to clean it up. But as usual nothing is done. We need to publish this in newspapers around the world and embarrass these people here. I am at a loss for words...In Africa the Goans ran the government offices and this sh_t did not happen! India needs to look in the mirror sometimes! They is real filth in this place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francis Fernandes, Switzerland16 August 2010 at 03:46

    Dear Suprita Gaonkar,

    Good that you have finished graduation. As a goan I would advise you to try to study more instead of bribing somebody to get a job at this stage. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need some financial help.

    This trend will stop and should stop. Your services will be needed. Soon you will see an NGO floated by goans living abroad which will work for goan interests. We should all unite leaving aside our crab mentality (habit of pulling each other’s legs) for the sake of Goa and goans. I have nothing against those non-goans who repect the goan culture. But our goaness (Goenkarponn) has to be preserved at all cost!

    You should get a job on merit. And you will get it once we succeed in bringing in a clean government.

    Keep connected to this blogsite & tell other goans to do the same.

    I assure you we goans will win the battle!

    fernandesf@net2000.ch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Francis God Bless you for extending help to the young Goenkar-Suprita. This is what we called a Nizgoenkar!Suprita try your best and find if any vaccancies there in Goa and apply, If you do not get it try to expose it by writing to us, if you require any help I am there too....

    pereiramcruz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neville Fernandes.....
    Today i attended an interview at the Education Department in Panaji for a post of Computer Teacher and to my surprise i see that there is no technical person to ask questions. To add to it the director and the Asst. ask me to go out of Goa for a good salary with my qualification of MCA. The jobs were all fixed for the existing computer teacher who are under qualified who don't even know the basics of computer properly. For the first time in my life i have see the candidates opening their computer books to learn. I felt i was attending a exam rather then a interview. The Goa Govt. is truly a AMMADMI (mango man) Govt. They give jobs for a price.

    nevillefernandes79@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neville my sister was also told the same thing. She has done her MCA. The teachers who have no proper qualifications are being appointed. This is all a show of money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nizgoeankar Please can you put this page on top again so we have comments of Neville Fernandes and Sandesh Gaonkar so that the people can see the corruption. I hope I am asking you the right thing? and explained to readers why you repeat it on top

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Marcel, I would love to do that, but due to the limitations from the domain service providers I do not have the option to do so. The only way to do is mentioned by me to you on an email which I have sent to you personally. I will still try to see what can be done. But once my Bigger website will be ready this will be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the price is under quoted. Nowadays, I heard that the post of RTA officer is sold for approximately 15 lacs. Bravo NIZGOENKAR for bringing issues like this in publications.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Few months back there were some vacancies in Electricity department our Power Minister has given most of them to his supporters (I am not sure if he has taken money from them as there was a fight

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.