Wednesday 11 August 2010

A PALTU KUT'TA OF MANOHAR PARRIKAR – By Floriano Lobo brought to you by Santan Fernandes

This is "Sensational" Manohar Parrikar, in the fag end of his carrier in politics and as an over intelligent IIT'an Chief Minister, is found to be taking cover behind his Paltu Kutte (household dogs) to save himself from the 'grave' that he is digging for himself and his friends, Narendra Modi's associates (read INOX) in the name of IFFI in the city of Panjim.
This has reference to the English cable news telecast by Goa 365, cable TV channel floated by Manohar Parrikar in association with his 'man's best friends' ( read dogs) such as Rajesh Singh etc.
Manohar Parrikar
Why am I saying these terrible things?
Well, I get a call from sweet Priya or someone from Goa 365, late in the evening, yesterday, as I was preparing to leave the party office (Mapusa), yesterday evening.(14/Jul/04) This was the day that Goa Su-Raj Party had withdrawn its Writ Petition in the Bombay High Court (Goa Bench), represented by me as the Party's President, saying that "Goa 365" wanted to record, for their newly established cable news channel, my views on the Petition we had filed in the High Court re: IFFI. challenging the CONSTITUTIONAL VALIDITY OF THE ORDINANCE.
I was aware that "Rajesh Singh" a paltu kutta of Manohar Parrikar or for that matter of anyone who would throw some bones across his way was behind the setting up of this cable network TV News channel. I was also aware of the moneyed men who were the sponsors of this abomination. Needless to say, my curiosity piqued up, I extended her the invitation to come and get me on her video at our party's office (Mapusa), and that I will oblige her by waiting for her and her crew.
It so happens that Ms. Venkateshwaran (Priya?) came over with one Mr. Kedar Dhume as her assistant. I was meeting Ms. Venkateshwaran for the first time, but I knew who her assistant (read 'boss' was). I asked his name and he identified himself as one Kedar.
The recording of the interview got underway and it lasted for 15 minutes.
(Knowing Rajesh Singh, a person I once respected, a person who was responsible for the genesis of the Goa Su-Raj Party, a person who was force (by me) to attend the very first brain-storming session (in the series of many such sessions which took place in Caritas, Panjim) in the "International Centre, Dona Paula", because he was the catalyst, having publish a series of interviews with politicians and others under the name of "GOOD GOVERNANCE" in the Navhind Time, in 1999, when he was NT's asst. Editor, Knowing Rajesh Singh as Manohar's mans, I wiilingly consented to the recording, making note that I have to be careful in what I said and how I said it . Also knowing Mr. Kedar Dhume, a very close associate of Mr. Rajesh Singh and therefore a confidant of Mr. Manohar Parrikar, who was holding the 'mike' for Ms. Priya, I had resolved to expose Manohar Parrikar and his IFFI project to them sans mercy. (I have even told them that Manohar Parrikar, though an IIT'an and an intelligent person, is what is known as a 'Goddo' in konkani parlance) All done (recording et al ), I was satisfied that what I have said would be incriminating stuff to be televised. But I was pleasantly surprised when Ms. Priya called me this morning to have my name confirmed and to tell me that the recorded piece would be on the air this evening.
Curiosity getting better of me, I sat to watch the Goa 365 telecast at 8.30p.m. (for the first time since the only news I watch is ND 24 x 7 at/or after 9 .30 p.m.). And what I saw is a masterful 'cut & paste' job, any journalist who is worth his/her salt will never do. This excellent cut and paste job actually told the TV audience that Goa Su-Raj withdrew its Petition because it was found that the Government had satisfied all the requirements since the Advocate General had declared to the Court that none of the provisions of the Ordinance were actually used by the Government.
Actually, what I had said was "The statement of the Advocate General was stupid, in that, it is akin to a person, who is sick, goes to a doctor, purchases the medicines prescribed and comes home and locks the medicines in the cupboard."
The cut and past interview by Goa 365 vis a vis IFFI on 15th. Jul, 2004 at 8.30 p.m is to be taken as a corrupted airing of the actual interview, totally designed to save the sinking ship of Mr. Manohar Parrikar. I have never known that journalists would sink so low just to earn their bread and keep their beds warm.
Right thinking citizens of Goa must watch this channel with a pinch of salt.
Note: I have decided to publish an article named "The Ante-Mortem of IFFI" in Goa" which should be available to readers shortly. The reason Goa Su-Raj withdrew the Petition is because the HC ruled that a 'PIL' cannot contest or challenge the constitutionality of any provisions of statutes etc., in High Courts. It can do so in the Supreme Court under Article 32 of the Constitution. The HC sited the earlier ruling of the Supreme Court w.r.t this directive. Goa Su-Raj Petition was a WRIT and not a PIL. Since the HC ruled that the our Writ is a PIL, it would therefore be a suicide for Goa Su-Raj to insist of going on. It would give the HC a chance to dismiss the Petition with costs. And we would loose our precious and donated resources of Rs. 30000/- to the non-performing Government of Manohar Parrikar.

1 comment:

  1. This is nothing new. These politicians are like go and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.