Tuesday 18 January 2011

I WANT TO SAVE GOA by Vinod Naik (B.A. Geograpy)

My dear Goan sisters and brothers,(LADIES FIRST)
A very good day to all of you across the world.
Its still fresh what my learned teacher quoted one day in my class. "Dear students if you have a problem ,however big it is, come out of the problem and try solving it , if you remain in the mess you will make more mess out of it".
All amongst us very well know that Goa and Goans are in a total mess we have got entangled in the mess as we have not come out of the mess.
For a little while lets come out of the mess and think positively.
Till you and me are there for Goa every thing is not lost.
Let us today focus on one topic "DAY BY DAY GOAN MARKET IS FLOODED BY SHOPS OF NON GOAN TRADERS"
As so many of us have pointed out, if this trend continues then in near future our future generation
1) Will not have any scope for opening any business in Goa .
2) The ghantis will become more financially power full.
3) The time will not be too far when all forty thieves will be ghantis.
4) Konkani speaking population will be minority.
5) All transaction will be done in hindi or some other ghanti language.
6) All goankars will be second cl-ass citizens in our own goa.
7) Rapes , robberies, crimes, gang wars, hafta vassuli etc will increase sporadically.
8) Goan culture will be destroyed.
9) Goans will in mass immigrate to some other country.
10) And last but not least whoever stays back due to different reasons will be like tamed lions in a circus.
The choice is ours are we the kings of Goa or are we going to become the tamed lions of the great grand circus called GOVA?
Let me request you to come out of this mess and think what I am thinking right now.
About four lakh goans are working abroad and if we take average salary of NRG as rupees 100000.00
All NRI Goans put together earn rupees 400 crores per month. per year, it comes to rupees 4800 crores annually.
Tell me frankly what we cannot do with so much?
Can I ask you why we cant encourage our girls and boys to start a business?
If your answer is yes then iam ready to give guidance.
As all of you know I work as a sales executive for a paint company and my area of operation is entire Goa.
I come across marketing executives from all most all companies ranging from paint, electrical, plumbing, hardware, tiles, water pumps, grocery, pharmaceuticals, soap, plywood and laminates etc
Most NRG own shops, either they are vacant or given on rent to nongoans.
Encourage your sister or brother to start a business there are approximately 4000 bars in Goa mostly owned by Goans. why we cannot have another 4000 shops doing one of the above mentioned business,
Let you and me promise to ourselves that I will not buy from a shop owned by a ghanti and I will not break my promise even if I have to go an extra mile.
My email ID is with Editor . I hope I will get at least one serious inquiry..If I don't get I will not get disappointed.  I will keep on trying till I succeed.
(Request to readers, this article is written with all sincerity please do not divert from the subject )
Thanking you
Yours in the fight for Goa
Vinod Naik  - B.A. Geography

4 comments:

  1. Vinod, a very good article and appeal. From out of your 10 points, some are already lost but we can revive them. A very encouraging initiative from your side and I hope you will make a great impact on all of us. Do us another favor. Since you are moving around Goa due to business obligations, please spread the word about NG and ask them to log on and read for the betterment of Goa. By the way, one frank doubt, do you sell your products only to Goans? Don't take it bad since I asked as there are not many shops left run by the Goans. Ghantis is not the biggest curse on us, our own politicians and police force nowadays who are drug barons. Politicians are rersponsible to bring down this ghanti population but surely, they are just working for their daily bread at cheap wages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECTION:Vinod Naik, You always come up with true articles because like us your love and care is for Goa. My parents owned a small business in Margao 1966-1997, the land was jointly owned by a Catholic politician and a banker. We barely made any profit first was due to political harassment by our own Catholic Goans (because I was a strong supporter of United Goans) and secondly undercutting prices by non-Goans. Ultimately we were forced out and a building erected on the land. Every business unit in that building including a restaurant is run by Non-Goans.
    I do agree with you we should support and buy from Goans, and hope others see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinod Naik this is exactly what we are fighting for. Once the ghanttis start controlling us economically, then soon they will control us politically, which they have already done. We still have hope and young leaders like you should spread our message in all the villages of Goa.
    Together, we will and we can bring in a change in Goa.
    Viva Goa, Goa for Goans

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to do something, it's never late.
    Our Bebdo is right, now these Patels controls' us economically through the wooden Factories all over Goa, it's not far away that they will control the political system in Goa too.
    I'll check with the editor to keep in touch with you. It's only through technical business that we can achieve a bit to save Goa.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.