Friday 26 November 2010

ST. FRANCIS XAVIER'S MIRACLE by Filomeno Diogo Jacinto Da Silva

Endowed with the natural talent for playing the violin, I was recruited in the Portuguese military in 1958. I went to Portugal in 1959 for my Sergent Militian course, and returned to Goa in 1960. From 17 October 1961, I started working for Emmisora do Goa, which later became All India Radio (AIR), where I served till my retirement in 1993.
As the 50th anniversary year of Liberation and the Feat of St Francis Xavier are both coming soon, I wish to cite my personal experience of a miracle that occurred before the Liberation of Goa on 19 December 1961, because of which, I feel, Goa was saved from total destruction.
After the Indian army crossed the Goa border on 18 December 1961, I was called up as a reservist to defend Goa. The Portuguese administration realised that the Indian Army would be victorious, so 100 soldiers were deputed to the Shrine of St Francis Xavier, to lift the casket containing the holy relics and put it aboard the last airplane to leave Goa, specially flown from in Portugal, piloted by Solome de Almeida.
In the presence of the Bishop, the Governor and the Secretary inside the closed Basilica, the force of 100 soldiers was not sufficient to lift the casket containing the immortal body of St Francis Xavier. Witnessing this miracle, the Governor – who had been ordered by Salazar to destroy Goa – was forced to change his mind, as carrying out of the orders would also destroy the immortal relics of the Patron Saint of Goa and Defender of the East. It was the powerful intervention of St Francis Xavier that saved tiny Goa from turning into ashes.

6 comments:

  1. N.Fernandes (London)27 November 2010 at 02:24

    "IF" Mr Narguesh Karmali,The loudmouth,and Fake Freedon Fighter of Goa ,who barks like a dog to justify his bone,and his undeserved Pension, is capable of reading this,than he should know by now that the Churches and Temples and Portuguese relics in Goa attract a thousands of tourists to these Heritage Sites.
    The Tourist Dollars helps fund his ill-gotten Pension requirements.
    It is never too late to learn,so I hope Karmali understands how these Relics of the Portuguese in Goa, attracts Tourist dollars to pay for his Pension and upkeep and he should be thankful.
    and also remember ...Karmali does not work as an individual.He has no guts.He only functions like wolves and hyenas,when he is in a pack.
    I will throw a challenge to him to meet me on a "one to one".
    I have no excuses...but he will have many to avoid a one to one.
    Prudent TV can make him an offer of a "one to one".Let us see if he is up for the challenge and has testicles in the right parts of his human anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Article! St. Francis saib please help us to win the battle against the corrupt politicians. We Nizgoenkar pray to you for blessing during the election time and bring us to victory. But people of Goa you need to help us as it is said " Do not put God to test" and St. Francis will bring unity for our victory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santosh Shirodkar27 November 2010 at 04:18

    Yes Marcel we have to come together and win the battle. I pray to St. Francis to save us for the next election

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mr. Filemeno for narrating the miracle. There are several miracles taking place at the hands of St. Francis Xavier. During my childhood days, I was taken by my Grandmother to Old Goa for the feast and accidently it seems someone grabbed me and started saying that I was his child and wanted to take possession of me. My Grandmother was in tears and totally disturbed and asked the help of the nearest Security Soldier (Paklo) to intervene and by the intercession of St. Francis he immediately handed me over to my Grandmother. I am always grateful to St. Francis for this miraculous rejoining. There are also many such real incidents which by protection of St. Francis have been nullified like the bombs in the candles etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The explosion of balls (testicles) of two Sanatan Sanstha members during last year Narkasur celebration is another miracle by Goencho Saib.I wish Freedom Figheters Karmali family purifies that place with the ashes Karmali after his death. Let’s get rid of evil spirit which might be in exist at that site of blast with Karmali ash..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goencho Saib will give us Niz Goenkars his blessings to fight these corrupt politicians who aim to destroy Goa for their own selfish needs. Goencho Saib will save Goa from the corrupt ones like he has saved Goa on so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.